Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am sure the park ranger was likely doing his job by requesting a liability waiver. As far as a liability waiver, someone gets hurt without one and sues a national park... a reality that likely sparked the need for a liability waiver in the first place. It could also be a contractual issue with their insurance.

B

·
0 Posts
Well this is something I know a little about! The park service was founded on volunteerism! Volunteers are always welcome at state and national parks but it has to be done properly for reasons mentioned by @Cam!
A: sign up to be a volunteer with the park service at the park/s of your choosing. This will cover you under comp. insurance!
B: Talk to the volunteer coordinator at the park/s you want to do a project at for your orginization and sign the liability waver.
Neither of which are difficult, just rules thay are in place to help protect our parks from law suits. Any questions just pm me, Ranger James;)

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Back to dragging people behind horses, hangings and people getting what they deserve...the falsely accused are just an example.
Tanget here, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing public executions being implemented for pedophiles. The far left is so extreme they are now trying to justify that it's a lifestyle and a sexual orientation. Like it's something we should normalize and accept as a society.

Maybe people hanging and being dragged down the street would put our society back in check.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,283 Posts
Tanget here, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing public executions being implemented for pedophiles. The far left is so extreme they are now trying to justify that it's a lifestyle and a sexual orientation. Like it's something we should normalize and accept as a society.

Maybe people hanging and being dragged down the street would put our society back in check.
Yep. People get away with too much shit these days because everyone is scared they’ll get sued or offend someone for speaking up. I’m glad there are still a few people around that aren’t scared to stand up for themselves and what they believe is right.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
Border security in the long term is more important to me than who is emptying trash cans in the parks. Part of the reason nothing big ever gets done at the federal level is that people aren't willing to endure short term discomfort for long term improvement.

I'm also weary of hearing about the poor federal employees impacted by the shutdown. The gov't makes decisions and regulations regularly that force private companies out of business or into situations where people have to get laid off or furloughed. Where is the media when that happens...

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Border security in the long term is more important to me than who is emptying trash cans in the parks. Part of the reason nothing big ever gets done at the federal level is that people aren't willing to endure short term discomfort for long term improvement.

I'm also weary of hearing about the poor federal employees impacted by the shutdown. The gov't makes decisions and regulations regularly that force private companies out of business or into situations where people have to get laid off or furloughed. Where is the media when that happens...
What's harder on a family going without a paycheck or 2 that they will get eventually or a family having to give up 2 to 4 weeks of paychecks that they won't get back just to pay a sky rocketing insurance deductible because of Obama care?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
And for those complaining they had to sell vehicle to pay rent. Or don’t know how you’re going to make monthly payment on 40k credit card balance because you have now missed one check. Wake up, you have bigger issues and this might be just the lesson you needed. Hard times is one thing. But missing one check and life is over????

B

·
0 Posts
Well I can tell ya’ll this... on my state salary alone it would hurt me and my mortgage is only $600 month! Yes, we would get by but only because I maintain a $0 balance on my CC’s and drive old vehicles that are long paid for and am able to maintain them myself. Some folks aren’t as luckily unlucky as I am and can’t do their own repairs so a newer under warranty is the more feasible option! I couldn’t in any way afford a $1k plus mortgage/ rent payment right now. I fully understand living within your means, but when many government salaries “mine included” are about 25 years behind inflation those means are very meager! I raise a garden, raise my own poultry, eggs, and pork, and hunt & fish! Many don’t have the few means needed for this lifestyle so I can feel for some of them. I look at it like this... they have jobs! They work those jobs! At least they have jobs and aren’t sitting on their tails wanting a hand out! I don’t have much but am willing to share what I do have with someone in need that is willing to work and try to get ahead! I know many people don’t get this... but believe me when I say that no matter how wealthy you are or think you are, it can all be gone in a flash! Then you will remember or understand what lower income living is about! Just a little rant and food for thought for everyone!

B

·
0 Posts
To many people live way out of their means. I wonder how some do it.
I certainly agree with this! Many do it and don’t think they do! Most are just keeping up with the Jones’.
CC’s are just a tool in which most use to buy things they don’t need to impress people they don’t like! Heck, I have what I’d consider a small fortune in my truck that is 20yrs old but couldn’t imagine buying the same truck in today’s market yet there are a whole bunch of them out there! And being driven by teenagers none the less!

·
"This one time at band camp..."
290 Posts
Where I work we bring in interns from colleges all over the southeast. There is one that parks next to me every morning that drives a $45K brand new Nissan Titan XD. I don't know if Daddy bought it or if he's got it financed for 7 years. I think with the lift kit he has on it I could drive my Frontier under it.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Sorry my bad, but I did warn you guys I was on a tangent. After seeing this Jayme Closs abduction and having two daughters it's been on my mind. The whole dragging people behind horses and hanging comment got me fired up lol. I blame my tangent on Smackdaddy's comment.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,057 Posts

I agree! Most thugs go to prison like it's a vacation with the homies these days. It's a joke and we pay the price.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,609 Posts
Sorry to derail again - I only read the nytimes story you posted, and I did not feel offended by its content. I also learned something - child molestor and people with the mental disorder called pedophilia are medically non equivalent terms, but socially they sound as if they are on the same level

1 - 20 of 21 Posts