Vinyl flooring

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by Gator_Bob, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Gator_Bob

Gator_Bob Well-Known Member

I had alot of vinyl flooring left over from a remodel that I did. The vinyl is a foam core with a ruff (matt) hard finish on the top and is about 1/8" thick. I left it out in the sun for about two hours to see how hot it would get on my bare feet. It still felt comfortable. The question is: Has anyone used this in their boat? You can go to Home Depot or Loews and see this type of flooring and it is not that expensive. It appears to me that it would help for sound control and dress up the boat.

2. Canoeman

Canoeman Well-Known Member

Bob, since it's an indoor product, I'd put a piece out in the sun for a few weeks and see what it looks like after exposure to UV and heat.

3. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

most likely the moisture will ruin it in short order :-/ being in propertymaintenane /repair my experiences with vinyl improperly installed in wet locations such as bathrooms will get moldy and discolor kinda quick so in a boat thats constantly getting wet i suspect you'll encounter the same situations but like you said though it is cheap and if you have some left over from a project you dont have much to lose other than the time it takes to install