feIAy6irT6CRIpIupPiN9g.jpg
fullsizeoutput_5919.jpeg
IMG_4784.JPG
IMG_4786.JPG
IMG_4788.JPG
fullsizeoutput_590b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5905.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_590a.jpeg
Fished out of the Cajun Fishing Adventures lodge last week with Captain C.A. Richardson who is there for a month every summer after tarpon season. What a great place. Captain Ryan Lambert has a wonderful lodge--very nice accommodations, great service and good food. We fished southwest of Venice each day, in the bays and bayous. Though the water was high from all of the rain in the midwest and a swollen Mississippi River, we found fishing to be very good. We fished soft plastic paddle tails and jerk shads exclusively and caught over 30 reds, a very nice flounder and an ugly gar in the two days. Conditions were not ideal--high water, overcast skies and brisk wind each day. But, we made the most of it and C.A. worked his tail off to put us on fish. I highly recommend CFA and C.A., though there are other guides at the lodge. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,290 Posts
View attachment 85598 View attachment 85600 View attachment 85602 View attachment 85604 View attachment 85586 View attachment 85588 View attachment 85590 View attachment 85592 View attachment 85594 View attachment 85596 Fished out of the Cajun Fishing Adventures lodge last week with Captain C.A. Richardson who is there for a month every summer after tarpon season. What a great place. Captain Ryan Lambert has a wonderful lodge--very nice accommodations, great service and good food. We fished southwest of Venice each day, in the bays and bayous. Though the water was high from all of the rain in the midwest and a swollen Mississippi River, we found fishing to be very good. We fished soft plastic paddle tails and jerk shads exclusively and caught over 30 reds, a very nice flounder and an ugly gar in the two days. Conditions were not ideal--high water, overcast skies and brisk wind each day. But, we made the most of it and C.A. worked his tail off to put us on fish. I highly recommend CFA and C.A., though there are other guides at the lodge. Here are a few pictures from the trip.
Was water too high for sight cast fly fishing or just a little off color?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Awesome report, congrats on what looks to have been a great trip in the heart of "The Sportsmans Paradise".

Reactions: DBStoots

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was water too high for sight cast fly fishing or just a little off color?
No, we were able to sight cast and also found clean water when we got out of the wind. Seems the key was to find the ponds with drains coming off the marsh on the falling tide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts