Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to not spend $60 on a kit.

I'm sure some of you have some blue UV light kits that work just fine for curing gel/goo/epoxy for flies (and fast curing).

Ideally a cheaper kit that has everything I need.

Thanks.

-Andrew

·
I Love microskiff.com!
378 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been using Deer Creek resin (stupid expensive) with a $6 LED UV flashlight I got at BLowes, which has worked great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got the Loon light when I purchased their UV cure epoxy resin. I like it. I don't recall it breaking the bank on cost, and it only uses one AA battery, which is nice. It cures fast, and I have not had any issues with it. That being said, I typically will leave a fresh batch of flies out in the sun to cure longer, once I am done with them. Just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get a gel nail polish dryer from walmart. Cost like $12 and works really well, I like it if im doing a bunch of crab eyes cause you can just set them all in there and dry them at once.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,243 Posts
I just went to the local Walmart or ace hardware and picked up a $5-10 uv light and went on my way. Been going strong for 3 years.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
638 Posts
Had the purple rayovac and another cheap one from Amazon. They both went after a few months.

Ended up with the smaller Loon light and haven't looked back. Think it was $35. Works a lot better with faster during times than the other lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts