Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone care to share what apps they find useful on these devices?

Thanks.

·
Registered
717 Posts
These are the ones I have on my phone: MyRadar, FishHead, Google Earth, realTide, Backtrack, and Orvis fly fishing. Those are the ones I use on a frequent basis.

·
Ninja balance is the key... for a poling platfrom
459 Posts
Some from above as we'll as shralp tide2 too.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are some really neat apps. I'm definitely going to add some of those.

On the subject of google earth, is there anyway the maps can be cached in the event you out of cell phone range and still be used?

·
God Bless
318 Posts
i like the way "sea tow" has there tide and weather indicators set up. u can put multiple locations and switch through fast. also "map my ride" is cool for backtracking through unknown areas. my and my pops use it. it's not set up for boats but works fine. tells the mileage you've gone and your average speed. (mph isn't that accurate all the time) and it can even tell you how many calories your motor lost in a single trip! :D

·
I Love microskiff.com!
24 Posts
I have many of the Apps mentioned but Navionics is by far the best overall app I have used or seen. It's the best $9.99 you'll ever spend.

·
I Love my Ghee-not!
416 Posts
Navionics is awesome, but I dont use 90% of the features. The one thing that pisses me off about it is that ONLY lake that I can find that it is missing is the one that I fish most of the time.... Major area lake too...

I also use:
Fishhead... AWESOME! Love everything about it.
Buoydata
Tideapp
My Radar

·
I Love microskiff.com!
546 Posts
In addition to those, I like the RadarScope, it is really cool radar app, you can probably get the same information but if you want a quick view of a radar image its great for that.

·
Wish'n I was Fish'n!
2,663 Posts
Those are some really neat apps.  I'm definitely going to add some of those.

On the subject of google earth, is there anyway the maps can be cached in the event you out of cell phone range and still be used? 
GPS Kit app will cache Google or Bing Satellite Map areas for use when you are not in cell phone covered areas. Also works on iPad with GPS Kit HD, but the iPad is too big to carry while hunting or velcro to the console of a flats boat.

When my wife isn't looking I'll try it on her mini iPad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use RadarScope as my weather app. It's $9.99 but by far the best out there if you're a weather nut or just want the most accurate information about storms, tracks, velocities, surface rainfall, etc. +1 on Navionics too

·
KCCO!
18 Posts
Navx I run a 200 ft supply boat in the gulf and I use that more than I do the gps and it comes with every chart you could ever need with the app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts