Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my surprise, I'm going to be in Largo mid June with with my wife, kids, and her family. I'm looking for a kid friendly guide who is equipped to fish the patch reef and reef edge for grouper, snapper etc, if it's calm, or fish the park and back country for snook, redfish, bonefish, juvi tarpon, etc if not. I would like someone that's going to show up with good live bait in the well( pilchards, shrimp, crabs) so I'm assuming this means a bay boat.

I've got 4 days of guided fly fishing in early June in the LK, so this isn't for me. I want the kids to have a good first keys experience, but that doesn't mean paying $700 to catch grunts and undersized snapper if you know I mean. Not interested in targeting full grown tarpon with the kids...my oldest is only 9. Looking for guide recommendations. thanks

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not Key Largo but Windley key. Capt. Jeff @ dockside charters 305-451-5903. ActionCraft bay boat. I always ask the captain what's biting when bringing the wife and kids. Most spouses and kids get bored easily. He took us out in September to the parks west boundary and we limited on big trout and mangos.
Screenshot_20180721-123358.png

·
Registered
168 Posts
Capt Jeff Malone on Duck Key.
www.tarpontime.com
One of the best guides I know, a total machine at making livewell full of pilch, crabs, and shrimp, and super easy to get along with to boot..
Very proficient at everything you mentioned: glades, reef, gulf wrecks, bonefish..
Has a great bay boat, Egret Moccasin 21’.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Capt Ron Howell 305 -896- 1507. Plantation Key. Yes, he's my brother but he specializes in families (with young children) and knows how to keep the rods bent! Very reasonable as well. Look him up !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts