Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering purchasing a Gheenoe LT10 or LT 25 for use in costal creeks and marshes. Already have bay boat but considering the Gheenoe for access areas nature coast of Florida. Would be max of two people myself and son. Currently have a WS Commander 120 kayak rigged with a torqeedo 403 Ultralight, works great as solo craft, but needing to upgrade to something for 2 people. So thought would be sell kayak with torqeedo and purchase a Gheenoe, ideally a well maintained used simple layout Gheenoe LT10 or LT25.
The LT10 more in price range but would stability and space for 2 people be adequate? Also what hp would be ideal for the LT10. Again just looking for a simplistic set up for me an my son to enjoy fishing salt marsh and creeks. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m in Texas but can travel. Drive to PCB and Atlanta often to visit family.
Maybe a stretch for you, I am located in Gainesville,FL. Have not posted it for sale yet, but let me know if you would still be interested.

·
Registered
13 Posts
LT10 is much narrower at 45" than the 56" of the LT25. That 11" doesn't sound like much, but it is, especially if you ever decide to add a poling platform. The LT10 is rated for a 10hp compared to the 25hp for the LT25. I believe the LT10 also has a 26" transom compared to the 41" of the LT25. The result is the stern of the boat is much narrower on the LT10. Much more room on the LT25. When cost is a factor, and it usually is, you may also want to consider the Classic. It will handle the 25hp, has a 31" transom, 55" beam, and you can find them with floors or install floors yourself (if you care to not have the exposed molded floors).

I have a Classic that's been modified and has a poling platform and flat floors. I'm a big guy and can pole her around the flats no problem. I still wish I had the wider transom of the LT25, but I got a great deal and love my boat! I wouldn't want any less boat, or less room, period.

Open up your search if you're trying to find used boats. I traveled out of state and found a much better deal. Also look for Riverhawks and Santees. You can ask 3 people and get 12 opinions about the differences, etc. Bottom line, they're comparable and in the end you're the one that needs to be happy. I have buddies with both and all of us fish in them just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts