Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a creek off the St. Marks river. Most anywhere in the big bend on a winter negative low tide is the same. Just find a stretch of deeper water somewhere up that creek. Trick is getting up in the creek at low tide. Or go in before it gets low and stay till the tide comes back and you can get out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That’s a beautiful area, good site casting in the grass there, used to hit those creeks when I was stationed in Elgin afb in the panhandle.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,098 Posts
Just a creek off the St. Marks river. Most anywhere in the big bend on a winter negative low tide is the same. Just find a stretch of deeper water somewhere up that creek. Trick is getting up in the creek at low tide. Or go in before it gets low and stay till the tide comes back and you can get out.
Thank you. I was just wondering what area of the state. Great day!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Reactions: Drifter

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Southwest Florida has some awesome fishing. I really miss the Snook. Wish we had them.

But just about all of florida except the big bend has just too many people. I love salt marshes instead of beaches and sand knats and yellow flies instead of snook if it keeps the people away. Our coastal area is well protected from development by all of the public land. St Marks national wildlife refuge, Apalachicola National Forest and lots of state wildlife management areas.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Southwest Florida has some awesome fishing. I really miss the Snook. Wish we had them.

But just about all of florida except the big bend has just too many people. I love salt marshes instead of beaches and sand knats and yellow flies instead of snook if it keeps the people away. Our coastal area is well protected from development by all of the public land. St Marks national wildlife refuge, Apalachicola National Forest and lots of state wildlife management areas.
Absolutely agree!

·
Registered
`12 Ankona Native SUV
17 Posts
Great catch. Headed to the big bend area this spring for the old man`s annual fishing trip. We usually go to Steinhatchee, but I want to go a little north of there. Maybe Keaton Beach or around alligator point.
I live in Freeport and fish the Choctawhatchee river basin area. Can you recommend a fishing area around your neck of the woods?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steinhatchee is very popular. Good facilities there. Lodging and restaurants. Keaton Beach closest Lodging and restaurants Perry florida.

You will find none of that until you get all the way around to the St Marks/Panacea area.

All is great fishing . Econfina river, Aucilla river( full of rocks), St Marks national refuge light house ramp (don't go on low tide) give access with no facilities.

Alligator point is not an area I fish but I am sure you will find quality fishing. No restaurants and you might be able to rent a house.

·
Registered
`12 Ankona Native SUV
17 Posts
Steinhatchee is very popular. Good facilities there. Lodging and restaurants. Keaton Beach closest Lodging and restaurants Perry florida.

You will find none of that until you get all the way around to the St Marks/Panacea area.

All is great fishing . Econfina river, Aucilla river( full of rocks), St Marks national refuge light house ramp (don't go on low tide) give access with no facilities.

Alligator point is not an area I fish but I am sure you will find quality fishing. No restaurants and you might be able to rent a house.
Thank you for the info. I found a house rental on a canal on Alligator Point. It`s a 5 minute run to the open bayou. Looks like the bayou, sandbars and slews off the main bayou will hopefully be holding fish. It looks fishy anyways. Either way, fish or no fish, it will definitely be a good time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
(or not hitting rocks/oysters on the way in/out)

also - shhhh, there's no fish up here! :D

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes

Rocks and oyster bars. See my prop! Don't bring a boat you don't want to skin up. And that is a new prop. You should see the old one. Don't use stainless because aluminum gives. Stainless breaks lower units.

Automotive tire Gas Airplane Table Space

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience. Love to always learn new things, be it a new area or way of fishing. Never really thought about Al vs. SS props but it makes allot of sense

1 - 20 of 26 Posts