Untouchable redfish

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dingdangdoo, Aug 1, 2012.

1. dingdangdoo

dingdangdoo I LOVE FISHING

[​IMG]

You can't do nothing but look at these redfish by my house. The are off limits and I've seen 50" reds in there! Sorry of phone video sucs but you get the point!

2. Rediculous

Rediculous Boozle on...

What? You can't get them to bite or you aren't legally allowed to catch them?

3. mkyhagan

mkyhagan Sarasota, Fl

Dang that stinks, those look like some healthy fish!

4. dingdangdoo

it's a lagoon on a military installation. We used to be able to fish in there. I would catch 40-50" Reds in there on gulp or artificials but it was heavily fished. So you could used non-motorized vessels to fish the lagoons but that was 2 years ago. The EPA came in and did mercury test on these monster redfish and they stated too much mercury in them too consume. There is a drainage systerm that was built to let water in and out during low and high tide to come in and out. But it was built on top a garbage mound. The reds stack up in there during the incoming tide to feed on the shrimps and bait that get's flush in

Stupid beaurucrats and clueless high ranking brass decided to close all fishing in the lagoon to fishing. NOT KNOWING that those were all over slot fish and they were probably 5-10 yr old fish and the SC slot size fish 15-23" would take awhile to build that kind of mercury in them. SO now those fish eat and sleep peace fully daily. There is easily world record fish in there but the boatloads!!! I've seen 60" Reds in there and MONSTER FLOUNDERS THAT LOOK LIKE FLOATing CAR FLOORMATS.

5. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

mercury schmercury !!!
    -i say cast net........ :)

6. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

There must be high amounts of mercury in Haulover canal then too ;D

7. nightfly

nightfly I Love microskiff.com!

Rules and signs never stopped me from fishing anywhere. What's the worse that could happen. If you get caught just play stupid and say you won't do it again. That works every time

8. richwalker71

richwalker71 Well-Known Member

There is an old Spanish Fly episode that was shot in that pond. They fished out of a Classic Gheenoe.

9. dingdangdoo

yeah this ain't no civilian town. Get caught you will get fine by DNR then the General will bust you down in pay grade, take away half your pay for 2 months and maybe lock you up for playing ingorance. it's alreay happen. This is a military installation i repeat that again, you don't play stupid here and get away with it.

10. anytide

[smiley=1-laugh.gif]

---lighten up frances [smiley=1-crazy-eyes.gif]

11. Batt34786

Batt34786 I Love microskiff.com!

A Stripes quote on microskiff.com! That's better than the craigcat references hands down!

12. anytide

practice.......... :)

13. nightfly

nightfly I Love microskiff.com!

Doesn't sound like much fun. The man is always holding us down

14. anytide

be worth it to see the GENERAL... bet hes catchn em. :D

15. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Ya'll worry too much about ketchin', it's the findin' that's the fun part! ;)

[​IMG]

16. anytide

biggest red i ever caught was on a black bass pattern zara spook :eek:

17. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Its why they are called channel bass

18. hharke

hharke I Love microskiff.com!

Let's see:

1. Playing stupid will not work. They will just laugh as they write the ticket for federal trespass.

2. If caught on a Federal installation, you will be charged with trespass and go to federal court, no and if or butts. Lawyer will start at about $800 and go up and you will be convicted.

19. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Where's your drill sergeant soldier?

Blown up, sir!

I gotta go back and watch that movie again now. ;D

Everybody back on topic now.

20. seachas

seachas THE HICK LIFE!!!!!!!!

wow lawyers 'r' us