Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,603 Posts
Was doing some cleanup and came across this old Scott Rod poster. Close to 30 years ago ?

memory serves the guy on the jet ski was black and blue after a day of photo takes

believe boat was a Hoog
I remember that ad.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
16,854 Posts
Believe it was 30 to 40 years ago... and all of us appreciated the humor even though jet skis aren't very funny at all...
The annoying bastards are starting jet ski gangs here in Texas now too. I’ve been fishing here 35 years and just last week I saw a gang of dipshit Chadbros cutting up and running the back lakes ten miles from the nearest ramp. If that crap starts it will be war. We have enough issues with airboats, 300hp shoreline burning tower boats and surface drives cutting up the flats…

·
Registered
79 Posts
The annoying bastards are starting jet ski gangs here in Texas now too. I’ve been fishing here 35 years and just last week I saw a gang of dipshit Chadbros cutting up and running the back lakes ten miles from the nearest ramp. If that crap starts it will be war. We have enough issues with airboats, 300hp shoreline burning tower boats and surface drives cutting up the flats…
If I ever see another f%#&ng airboat it will be too soon! I can't tell you how many times I've been burned by some ass hat running one of those obnoxious POS...

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
16,854 Posts
If I ever see another f%#&ng airboat it will be too soon! I can't tell you how many times I've been burned by some ass hat running one of those obnoxious POS...
They’re only cool if you’re the one running it or on board. Everyone else has to listen to a loud ass engine and their excuses for burning every shoreline they can possibly burn for miles and miles. It’s a plague.

·
waterman 16
809 Posts
Loved this when it came out. I did actually know (acquaintance only) a guy who was unfortunate enough to get close to a skiff while operating a jet ski...he met with the guide's pole somehow... In the Keys, of course. Funny to me anyway...

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
One of the best known guides in the Keys told me this story years ago... He had just poled well up onto a flat near Tavernier when a jet skier came howling across the flat and just ruined it.. He then poled off the flat and before he could motor up and go somewhere else the young idiot ran up to his skiff and asked for a light for his cigarette... The guide provided the light and then made a point of explaining how important it was for jet skiers not to run shallow -particularly where someone or any guide was trying to fish... The guy then went on his way and that guide a few miles later was back up on a flat - and here comes idiotstick again, just destroying any chance at bonefishing... Now my friend is pissed and again it's a long pole back to the channel to go somewhere else. Just as he hits the channel here comes that young fool again so he fired up his motor and gave chase - pushpole in hand with the pointy end forward held like a lance... Every time that idiot looked back he saw vengeance coming - but the guide finally broke off the chase and went back to trying to earn a living...

This was years ago before "gangs" of jet skiers became the norm anywhere near urban areas... They're one of the reasons I retreated back into the 'Glades all those years ago... Jet skis are not allowed in Everglades National Park..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts