Unexpected Downtime

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tom_in_orl, Aug 2, 2007.

1. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

I had an issue today when trying to make an administrative update from the browser on my phone. (Damn Micro$oft) It cause several sections of the forum to be deleted from the forum index. At the time I was an 1/2 hour away from my hotel and rushed back to fix the problem. I had to replace some main files with one from a previous backup. I believe the problem is resolved but if anyone still sees a serious issue like missing sections or similar please send me a PM or email.

Thanks,

Tom

2. EATME

EATME Guest

Thanks Tom! Ur the MAN!

3. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

That's his job because I told him to! ;D ;D ;D ;D [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-computergeek.gif] [smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif]

4. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

a geek, but yes, the man... ;D ;D ;D

Did you synchronize the homoginator to the flux capacitator while you were in there? I've been having a little trouble with my up link to the International Space Station.. ;)

I'm just jealous ::)

Thanx for all your hard work.

5. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Dance with the devil... your gona get burnt... ;D ;) :D

Don't let it happen again... got it? ;) ;D

:p

6. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Let me put it into terms tojo can understand. It was similar to knowing that there were shallow oyster beds around you but you flew over them at WOT anyways and lost your lower unit. I just happened to have an old lower unit and it took me about an hour to install it once I figured out how bad the damage was. ;D

Now that is funny. The worst part was I was 2nd guessing myself when I did it too. I knew better. Its absolutely true. If you play with M$ you will get burnt. M$ admins are not paid to watch reliable systems they are paid to clean up messes.

7. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Tom,
    No matter what the reason was, Thanks Again for keeping it going!
    Have a beer on me
    [smiley=1-computergeek.gif] [smiley=1-crazy-eyes.gif] [smiley=drinking.gif]
    Weedy