Un Freaking believable

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DuckNut, Jun 7, 2010.

1. out-cast

out-cast Well-Known Member

Free diving 663'??!!!?? SICK!!!! Couldn't imagine the pressure and temperature change on the way up and down.

2. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

It was done in multiple takes (watch for weight belt). I would rather belive that he did 663ft total in depth. Looks to be around 60-80ft free dive. Easy to repeat and do all the fancy showing off at the same time.

3. Charlie

Charlie I Love microskiff.com!

It would be cool to think he did do 663 ft, but then we're faced with the problem of who else is diving to 663 ft, and how are they still alive?!? Probably 60-100ft. Still tought to do, though.

Skinny_Water what happened to the weight belt? I missed it, could you tell me when in the clip it happens.

4. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

when he does his fancy twist and "lift off" at 3:04 it's missing. It is back on at 3:07.

5. HighSide25

HighSide25 Well-Known Member

deepest free dive was around 360' world record
    cool video, just not 600' feet deep. the camera housing would be too bulky for a free diver to carry 600' down. most are rated for 300' which is roughly 11 atmoshpere pressures.

add in that while it is darker on the bottom of this video, it is not near as dark as it really would be 600' down. they would be using many, many powerful big lights or glow sticks. i see no proof of either

cool video, just not 100% true

6. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

The video itself is cool. But I don't believe it ever said he went to the bottom. Nonetheless, there is some pretty cool info on this same blue hole.

http://www.verticalblue.net/

7. Charlie

Charlie I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks Skinny_Water, I'll be sure to go rewatch the video and check that out.

12 ata isn't that bad, considering the deepest assisted free dive was just under 700ft, I believe. That would put that very determined (and maybe slightly crazy) person under aproximently 22 ata!! 
    [smiley=1-smack-myself.gif]

I just wanna do tech soon and go to 300ft!