UGH... I need to leave SF....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iMacattack, Jul 4, 2007.

1. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Anyone hiring in a nice quaint town not like South Florida? :mad:

2. JoeWelbourn

JoeWelbourn "The Flats Solicitor"

Tampa---South Tampa rocks. I love it here. 5 minutes from the water and great fishing. What is your occupation? I am a VP for an IT staffng firm. No promises, but I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Joe

3. iMacattack

Joe you have an email... ;)

4. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Jan,

Why you leaving before me?

5. Lil_Tate

Lil_Tate Well-Known Member

Jan,
    Why you leaving? I would love to leave also, but have lived here my entire life. Thus, my roots run very deep down here. It is crowded, expensive, and most people would rather run you over rather than lend a helping hand. I am always pleasantly surprised when I travel to the northern part of the state where people are friendly, courteous, and down to earth.

6. iMacattack

Bingo!

Just had a frustrating day... As a native South Floridian... born and raised, I would like a change of scenery... SF is getting to us. If the right opportunity/circumstances arose we would leave.

Just needed to vent... :mad:

7. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

You know I plan on running (moving) to Ver Beach in about a year. I feel your plan brother...

8. iMacattack

I could end up there sooner than you... ;D

Long story, but Wife's fam has a house in White City (not my fav place to be sure) but for the right price + $$$ to remodel it would be a very nice place for less than 200K....

Time will tell...

9. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Let me tell you there are meny deals under 200k in that area. No remodling needed. Most are 3/2 2-car 160-190 range and under 5 years old.
    (not the one my wife picked but what you gona do).

10. skinnyside

skinnyside Well-Known Member

Hola Jan. We have been ready to leave for about 6 months now and cannot sell the house. Looks like I am stuck here for another year unless we decide to change the kids school in the middle of the year. SoFla is tough to stomach at times for sure. Good luck.

Finding a nice rural area with decent schools seems to be part of the relocating challenge.

11. iMacattack

Hey Paul! ;D

I thought you moved, you still in Plantation? You sold your boat? What brings you to the tippy-skiff forum?

There is a lot I love about SF, but somedays I want o burn down the house, collect the insurance and move to a nice south pacific island...

If you ever need a fishing fix, give me a ring!

Cheers

12. captnron

captnron Guest

Which one of you is bring'n the flag? ;D ;D ;D

13. Be careful. Vero is getting bad too. I grew up there and it is just not what it used to be; and I'm not even that old!

I live in Titusville and love it, still has that small town feel.

Small Town = Kids parked in mall parking lot on a friday night. ;D

14. captnron

captnron Guest

And you think that's because you left? ;D ;D ;D

15. skinnyside

skinnyside Well-Known Member

Still in Deerfield Beach. Sold the bass boat, put the house up for sale with the expectation of moving fairly quick. Bought a Gheenoe for when I get up to the Melbourne/Titusville area. Looks like I will have to use it down here for the time being. Been lurking over here for a while until I saw this post, which hit me right between the eyes.

16. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

T-ville is very nice i liked it when i drove up for the brandon turny. i took a few min and looked around went to the bait and tackle shop etc.. did not take long to meet a few fishing near a boat ramp and what not. I like it there.

But got a house in vero beach f&c and that pulls some weight with the decistion as to where we will head when we leave.

i will leave the flag for shinner killer to get.

17. iMacattack

Paul give me a ring, let's hit the IRL one weekend!

18. Had to leave; It was part of thier urban redevelopment plan. ;D

19. captnron

captnron Guest

;D ;D ;D