Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
Rockport would work for the Towee. Redfish Crack, Clowsers, shrimp and crab patterns. A guide will put you on the fish faster and enlighten you to where to fish, then after that you could do your own thing. Learn how to cast in the wind or least be able to. Get an out of state fishing license, the game wardens here don't fuck around. Shouldn't be a problem to get one in Rockport. Keep your liberal, antifa, tree hugger bullshit in California and you shouldn't have any problems (also pyramid schemes). I have a few friends in Cali and they aint even close to liberal so you may be good too.馃

Banned
2019 Jackson Mayfly, Jackson Kilroy DT
Rockport would work for the Towee. Redfish Crack, Clowsers, shrimp and crab patterns. A guide will put you on the fish faster and enlighten you to where to fish, then after that you could do your own thing. Learn how to cast in the wind or least be able to. Get an out of state fishing license, the game wardens here don't fuck around. Shouldn't be a problem to get one in Rockport. Keep your liberal, antifa, tree hugger bullshit in California and you shouldn't have any problems (also pyramid schemes). I have a few friends in Cali and they aint even close to liberal so you may be good too.馃
馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
I have a rental down in Rockport, if you need a place to stay but it's getting rented out for March. Mtter y personal advice, look at late April or better yet, mid-to late May. March can be cool and WINDY. Rockport affords ample dining, culture, guides and lots of places to hide from the wind, or dry launch near a flat without a boat ramp. Listing below.

Mods, if posting the above link violates MS rules, please let me know. I'm not a business.
Thanks for the info. I am a high school teacher and football coach so my window is late March/early April as it is our spring break and right before spring football begins. I will check out Rockport for sure.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26

LOL, only thing I am looking to do is hopefully find a few fish, and have a few beers, maybe even a cigar or two! Thanks for the information!

Banned
2019 Jackson Mayfly, Jackson Kilroy DT
LOL, only thing I am looking to do is hopefully find a few fish, and have a few beers, maybe even a cigar or two! Thanks for the information!
Great plan! Looks like you got some good info to begin. Don鈥檛 worry about that 鈥淭exas hospitality 鈥, I think that it鈥檚 all in jest. Just bring some good west coast micro brews with you !

Registered
Thanks for the info. I am a high school teacher and football coach so my window is late March/early April as it is our spring break and right before spring football begins. I will check out Rockport for sure.
Sounds good. I'm working on a Microskiff discount for my Turnkey rental so PM me if you want that info prior to renting. There is a boat washing station 30 yds from the front door, pool and nice public boat ramps 5 min from the cabin.

Registered
Hey bud - what I've done a few times when bringing the family was get a rental in Port Aransas so the wife kids have beach, shopping, eating stuff to do and I would hit Redfish bay and back towards Rockport with my boat. I'm a sucker for clear water and man its beautiful, clear and blue everywhere. Port A is a great place for family fun - they've rebuilt from the big Hurricane and will be ready to go.

Registered
That time of year can be hit or miss. Back in school, I never knew if we were going to party at the beach during spring break in just shorts, or have on full parkas due to a big front. It could be windy too. You could drag that boat all the way here and be blown out, but that is name of the game.

Best bet, imo, get a cheap flight to NOLA, stay in the city and hire a guide who can take you out either through Delacroix or Hopedale. Allows for some vacation time in the city, great food, and fishing. Cocodrie and Venice are great, but there isn't anything to do there in the evenings.

If I had to recommend a spot in Texas, it would be Port Aransas. Close enough to Rockport, so you could go either way, but at least Port A is right on the beach and has a cool beach town vibe. But that is definitely a haul for you.

Registered
Hey bud - what I've done a few times when bringing the family was get a rental in Port Aransas so the wife kids have beach, shopping, eating stuff to do and I would hit Redfish bay and back towards Rockport with my boat. I'm a sucker for clear water and man its beautiful, clear and blue everywhere. Port A is a great place for family fun - they've rebuilt from the big Hurricane and will be ready to go.
Yep. Port A is great for family but avoid spring break. I bought place close to Port A for family and beach.

Reactions: jackson man

Registered
Port A is a nice community. For local sport they used to have belt sander races. And an important safety tip, stay out of any brush or bushes of any kind, including if you golf and hit a ball into the rough. There has to be a million rattlesnakes in there.

I Love microskiff.com!
Being from Ca. myself, I've run into a "bit of resistance" on this forum from time to time. I think that it's some form of jealousy! 馃榿 Have fun on your roadtrip, I'm sure that you'll receive some decent feedback from the membership.
Figures馃檮

I Love microskiff.com!
Being from Ca. myself, I've run into a "bit of resistance" on this forum from time to time. I think that it's some form of jealousy! 馃榿 Have fun on your roadtrip, I'm sure that you'll receive some decent feedback from the membership.
Figures馃檮

Registered
Figures馃檮
Figures馃檮
But I bet you the people you hear resistance from have no problem dragging their boat to LA or FL.

Now I am happy to provide advice on better areas for a trip, but no way would I say what spots to fish. Hell, I know tons of spots to fish and I am only right 50% of time of fish actually being there! Well, there is the one spot..... :)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts