SOLD/EXPIRED Turning 16 soon, need a job

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tbrown124, Dec 30, 2014.

1. tbrown124

tbrown124 I Love microskiff.com!

Hey, I am just about sick of being dependent on "Christmas Funds" and would like to change that. My overall goal is to be in the environmental studies field or a charter captain. So I am dedicated with grades and also a wrestler... needless to say time isn't very common especially when all I try to do is fish. I was hoping to find a job for weekends and try to work nearly everyday in the summer. I live in Riverview/Apollo Beach so I'm hoping to make it as a deck hand or even just helping out at a marina. Any type of advise you guys could give me would be very much appreciated as I could use all of it! Tight lines and enjoy the winter bite, I know I am ;)

2. KnotHome

KnotHome "I got to stop wishin'. I've got to go fishin

Get in touch with some local captains and pick their brains about career potential and offer your services. Working as a deck hand would be a great way to build your sea time so you can get your license as soon as possible.
    Finding a career once you get in the big kid world is largely about networking. It's best to start that as soon as you can. Even if you run across a guy who is a complete a-hole, don't burn bridges, just avoid them.

3. CurtisWright

CurtisWright Light, Strong, Cheap. Pick Two.

You would be better off registering for an ACT/SAT prep course and spending the entire summer taking practice tests. Think about it like this. The $5,000 you won't make this summer deck handing will be "invested". in your future and will turn into an extra $40,000 scholarship. Depending on the degree you get, the school you get it from and the people you meet your $5000 investment will produce an extra million or so over a life time.

The difference between a 21 and a 31 is at least $40,000 at most several million.

4. fishicaltherapist

fishicaltherapist I Love microskiff.com!

Follow Mr. Wrights advice and you will NEVER regret it. You will get a lot farther in life by keeping the horse IN FRONT of the cart. Best of luck to you !