Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw posted on Florida Sportsman site!

Changes effective May 11:
  • Snook and Red Drum will remain catch-and-release only for an additional year through May 31, 2020.
  • Spotted Seatrout will be catch-and-release only, including no commercial harvest through May 31, 2020.

G

·
Like I said on another thread...
My problem is it is coming from a forked tongue! Close seasons but start up a program to get as many people fishing as they can for the license revenue! I am all for folks learning to fish “especially children” but not for starting a campaign to drum up business/revenue for FWC! I support FWC but not with this stunt! I do support the closure just not the campaign they started at the same time.

G

·
Just think about all the gut hooked and improperly handled snook, redfish, and trout that is fixing to happen! I am willing to be that it’s a lot!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,503 Posts
Not a big issue for me honestly...I'm primarily catch and release.

But...my prediction is that these species will never be fully open season ever again. Because once gov't implements these sorts of controls, they never roll them back.

They'll use the success of the red/snook/trout recovery as an example/precedent for closing additional species in the future.

But at least they closed the commercial harvest on trout...there is that bit of good news...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts