Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up Prhea36's Gheenoe almost two weeks ago and I plan on adding a trolling motor. My only problem is I cant decide which one.
I can get the Riptide Transom which would have a handle to control with.
Or I can get the Riptide SP with the Co Pilot Remote.
Mounted like this one http://www.customgheenoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25831

They are both easily removed for days I don't need it.
The only thing making me lean toward the SP is the Co Pilot, since i might fish alone sometimes I could control it from the back platform (which i think would distribute weight better, Not sure.)

What do you all think would be better?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
106 Posts
I guess I'm a whimp because I like to fish and not pole someone else around to fish. Good luck by yourself poling and casting a lure at the same time.

I like the Ipilot. The remote is nice and I think it would be awesome if you could somehow balance enough on the tower to fish the flats. You would have to find a way to add some extra weight to the front.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I picked up Prhea36's Gheenoe almost two weeks ago and I plan on adding a trolling motor. My only problem is I cant decide which one.
I can get the Riptide Transom which would have a handle to control with.
Or I can get the Riptide SP with the Co Pilot Remote.
Mounted like this one http://www.customgheenoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25831

They are both easily removed for days I don't need it.
The only thing making me lean toward the SP is the Co Pilot, since i might fish alone sometimes I could control it from the back platform (which i think would distribute weight better, Not sure.)

What do you all think would be better?

I would think you would be better off having a bow mounted TM opposed to a transom mount. Dunno about the whole whimps and newbs use trolling motors comment, but I'm assuming he is just joking.... or he is a big ol' douchebag. Either way, I would think the extra weight up front would benefit you and counter the weight of the outboard when running/trolling a long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.