Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My troller takes a beating on the bow of my Pathfinder when it gets choppy, and I'd like to protect both the motor and the deck it's bolted to from the repetitive stress.

I've looked at the few commercially available supports/stabilizers and the only ones that would work with my motor (the cheapest grade Riptide) require more or less permanently mounting a base to the deck. That means even with the troller removed, you've still got a big snag point.

This "Lecky Leg" thing in the picture looks like it would work reasonably well, but they're made in Australia and apparently not available in the U.S. It just clamps on the troller shaft and has a little leg that rotates down to contact the deck.

Is anybody aware of anything similar that's available here? Or other options to support the troller shaft without mounting anything permanently to the deck?

lecky8-500x500.jpg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
9 Posts
My troller takes a beating on the bow of my Pathfinder when it gets choppy, and I'd like to protect both the motor and the deck it's bolted to from the repetitive stress.

I've looked at the few commercially available supports/stabilizers and the only ones that would work with my motor (the cheapest grade Riptide) require more or less permanently mounting a base to the deck. That means even with the troller removed, you've still got a big snag point.

This "Lecky Leg" thing in the picture looks like it would work reasonably well, but they're made in Australia and apparently not available in the U.S. It just clamps on the troller shaft and has a little leg that rotates down to contact the deck.

Is anybody aware of anything similar that's available here? Or other options to support the troller shaft without mounting anything permanently to the deck?

View attachment 58246
Yes. MinnKota had a kind of black leg like this. Don't know if they still have. It can work.
JG

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
You just need one of any tides pushpole holder made to fit the shaft with a rubber foot
IMGP2835.298103135_std.JPG
on the arm. You can take it off when using motor and clip it back on when running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts