Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if it’s possible to swap a minn Kota tiller style trolling motor onto an ipilot or copilot style mount? Curious because I see ipilot parts pretty frequently for sale locally. I like the more compact look of the mount

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anytide fabricated a mounting adaptor for me. schematics below (we did tweak the measurements a bit). i had to add pockets with a forstner bit to keep the clamps from slipping. works great.View media item 5522
Awesome! I had a feeling someone else had my idea! For some reason it won’t let me view that file. Would you happen to have any pictures of it complete?

·
Registered
60 Posts
following. Looking for the same thing as we speak. I was planning on getting a new mount but if i can use my old, could help save some cash. My issue is i have a lip above my casting deck so i would need to put a plate then a quick release mount.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
165 Posts
You want to take a particular tiller-style head unit/shaft/motor and insert it into that mount? I think you should be able to. When I received the motor pictured upon shipment, it had a cracked "hinge bushing" that fits around the shaft and inside one of the two rings on the bracket that you see. to replace that bushing, i had to remove the head, disassemble the head in order to disconnect the wires, then pull the shaft out of the bracket. only then could i fit the bushing over the wires and onto the shaft before reinserting the shaft through the bracket. so the head unit/shaft/motor was completely separated from the bracket. If you can separate your head unit that way, dont see why you couldn't slide the shaft/motor back into the mount you want and then reconnect the head unit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You want to take a particular tiller-style head unit/shaft/motor and insert it into that mount? I think you should be able to. When I received the motor pictured upon shipment, it had a cracked "hinge bushing" that fits around the shaft and inside one of the two rings on the bracket that you see. to replace that bushing, i had to remove the head and then disassemble the head in order to disconnect the wires. only then could i fit the bushing over the wires and onto the shaft. so the head unit/shaft/motor was completely separated from the bracket. If you can separate your head unit that way, dont see why you couldn't slide the shaft/motor back into the mount you want and then reconnect the head unit.
Exactly that’s what I’m thinking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.