Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BBA Counselor
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at bass pro the other day and they didn't have much in stock. Anyone know of an online retailer, a reliable one, that has stock now?

·
Administrator
5,898 Posts

·
BBA Counselor
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I tried those. All are on backorder unfortunately.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered one from trollingmotors.net about a month ago and it was on backorder at the time but I got it within a week. Call them and tell them which your looking and they may be able to give you a time frame when they expect it. The way I understood it is that a few different models trickle in every few weeks.

·
BBA Counselor
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I'm aware of the supply chain issues. Refer back to my build thread for more on that. I'm just trying to find one from a reputable place. Lots of scams out there right now.
Not sure which one I'll go with, but they are all close in price.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,998 Posts
I got my Minn Kota Riptide Maxum from my boat mechanic who's a dealer

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was on a frantic hunt for a trolling motor...I happened to find the last minn kota terrova 24v from "Land And Sea" got a small discount from my job. Score! Sorry I had to brag

·
BBA Counselor
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We can debate supply chains in the bilge later on.

Back to TMs. West marine is out of the MKs I would want and doesn't even stock the MG Xi3. I'd go with an Xi5 but those stupid fangs on the front of the mount won't work well on a pointy bow. Factory outlet has a delivery on the Xi3 of Mid may, but no expectation on the MKs. I might go this route. I just need it before june.

From all the sites I've seen it looks like MG is figuring out their supply chain faster then MK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I work at Eastern Outfitters in Hampstead NC. We have serveral Riptide Terrova's in stock - 80lb thrust, 60" shaft with I-pilot. We have a RT Terrova 80lb/54" only in copilot, a couple RT Powerdrive 70lb/54" also only in copilot, and a RT Ulterra 80lb/54" with I-pilot. And we have several RT bow mount tillers. The price on the 80/60 IP Terrova is 1829.99, which is cheaper than most other places. We are also an authorized service center for Minn Kota for warranty repairs and we have everything (Battery Tender plugs, chargers, QR brackets, etc) in stock to install the trolling motor. Our number is 910-270-2823, follow the menu for the "Marine Center". One thing about MG's, there are fewer places that offer warranty repair than with MK; would be harder to get it fixed - and trolling motors break regardless of the brand. I have at least one of everything for every RT motor, and our turn around time to get it fixed is usually within two weeks.

Jon

·
BBA Counselor
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered one from factory outlet to be delivered in a few weeks. Problem is most places have lot of 24v and 36 motors, but not any 12v motors in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this one which is the cheapest brushless TM on the market. Works great (in my limited experience). I've purchased two from that link but they are imported under the moniker "Haswing Protruar 1.0"

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,482 Posts
I ordered one from trollingmotors.net about a month ago and it was on backorder at the time but I got it within a week. Call them and tell them which your looking and they may be able to give you a time frame when they expect it. The way I understood it is that a few different models trickle in every few weeks.
This is where I ended up finding my trolling motor.

Reactions: Sublime
1 - 20 of 33 Posts