Traxxis trolling motors?

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by firecat1981, Sep 10, 2011.

1. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Does anyone have one? A transom mount, mounted to the front of there skiff?
    I'm stuck buying from Basspro because of gift cards and I was going to buy another endura cause I loved my last one, but the traxxis caught my eye too. Mostly because the handle tilts upwards and not just out, and it has a meter on it. The thing I saw in the reviews that turned me off was the tilt mechanism, someone said it will tilt up automatically when used on the front of a skiff. They said the cam can be removed to disable the one-hand-stow feature too. I just wanted to hear from you guys before I order. Unfortunately I am forced to once again order online cause the damn store doesn't carry anything!

2. tntwill

tntwill Hooking Lips is my life

dude i used my prowler today 55 bow mount it is awesome

3. firecat1981

I am still considering options and I hope you have success with it, but alot of the complaints on the prowlers were the bushings in the mount wear out quickly.

4. tntwill

i see you have said this before but my bow mounted prowler is nowhere on bass pros site to even have comments if you can fine please post ty

5. firecat1981

Bow mount or transom mount they will use the same bushings, just a different mount. just keep an eye on it and I hope you bought the extended warranty.

6. tntwill

are you talking saltwater or fresh water or dont that matter

7. firecat1981

Doesn't matter, they seem to have the same issues with the heads and bushings. I appreciate the suggestion, but after my last experience with motorguide I'm going to stick with minnkota for now.

Anyone have any info?

8. firecat1981

Well the tilting and extending tiller arm made up my mind, after measuring and remeasuring a 36" shaft TM would be hard to use cause it would be only 16-18" off the deck. On the traxxis the handle can be angled up at a 45 degree, and extended 6 inches, doing rough math that gives it an extra 9.5 inches of height, which should be just enough. I'll give a report when I get some hours on it.

9. chew

chew I sit at a desk so I can stand in a boat!

i know this is a bit of a late reply..... but that is all i have ever used. i use a minn kota endura currently 45lb on a gheenoe classic. i had a traxxis before but someone decided they needed more than i did one night....... but i use the endura in the fresh and the salt for 2 years now...... simply unscrew the head caseing screws and rotate it 180, just watch you dont pinch your wires when you reasemble it. thats it. the biggest thing is if you run it in salt.... just stick head in a 5gal bucket and run 4 or 5 min...... easy as pie hope it helps