Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Striped Fool
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody mount their transducer to read thru hull on a Ankona SUV? Location of the transducer?

I am wanting to mount trim tabs and the transducer is in the location the edge-mounts should go.

Any pics would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Salt Marsh / Ankona Low Country 16
9 Posts
Just researching this exact topic an your post came up. Did you end up doing it? How did you like it? Thanks!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
Sharp Hooks Matter
437 Posts
Just researching this exact topic an your post came up. Did you end up doing it? How did you like it? Thanks!
I don't have an answer to your question but I really like your tackle shop. I stop by every time I'm in that area.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I used a short section of 4" PVC pipe that I glassed into my boat at a flat spot in the hull. Filled it with water, put the regular transducer in it and capped it off. It shot through the hull and did well (that was my Dolphin 16 backcountry).

They say this technique works well unless the hull is not solid fiberglass and has some core or back material encapsulated in it. Most are sold fiberglass but maybe there would be some floatation foam that would need to be scrapped off.

Best part -- cost of doing this is $15 or so and if it doesn't work, grind it off. My skiff could run just about wide open and still get a reading on depth because I mounted it just under the center console where very little air gets under the hull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts