Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody register their trailer as homemade? Curious as to how it works. No paper trail on my trailer (doesn’t have a vin) so this would be my only option. Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
606 Posts
I registered a homemade trailer in Ga several years ago. It was no big deal. The sheriff's dept sent a deputy to check it for road worthiness. I took his inspection to the tag office and they gave me a homemade trailer registration number with directions on where to affix the sticker. Bought the tag, and went from there. That was several years ago, I'm sure things have changed.

·
BBA Counselor
6,904 Posts
If you are in florida it's easy, just go into the DMV and tell them it's home made, show them the bill of sale if you have one, and know the approximate weight. I think as long as it's under 2000lbs they don't pay much attention to them.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
167 Posts
If your registering as home made you’ll have to have it weighed at a junk yard and then take them the weight slip and they’ll get you a regristration if it’s under 2k lbs. If you try and register it as home made and you tell them you bought it then you will have to have a deputy come by and check it for a vin number.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are in florida it's easy, just go into the DMV and tell them it's home made, show them the bill of sale if you have one, and know the approximate weight. I think as long as it's under 2000lbs they don't pay much attention to them.
No bill of sale. you think it'll still work? I got it weight its only 200 lbs

·
Registered
852 Posts
Each state has its own regulations. Check with the local entity that handles vehicle registrations. They are the people you’ll have to satisfy.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Id try to find an old title. Tons of bad trailers out there. Ebay sells everything youll need to re badge it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts