Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter how shallow or deep I load my boat on this trailer the keel seems to be sitting ever so slightly on the trailer. What am I doing wrong, or how should I adjust the bunks to ensure this isn't destroying the boat?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, you have plenty of angle bracket to add a 1 1/2” spacer under the main bunks then thru-bolt it and move the front angled bunks up.
Thank you both, What material is best to use for the spacer? When you say to move the front angled bunks up, what's the best method to do this? Should I Just use the same material I use for the bunk spacer placed under the front brackets as well?

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,944 Posts
You could tighten your winch more to pull it down

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,944 Posts
I'm not sure I follow, in this photo, the winch is fully tightened and the bow is touching the roller?
Just a suggestion, that how I get mine from bouncing around. And none of the pictures I see show the roller

Reactions: mss1209

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't want your forward/centering bunks to be supporting weight.
Thanks, I don't think they are because they are pretty easy to move by hand. I'm going to take your suggestion on moving my back bunks up a bit, I'm hoping that will bring it up enough to keep it off the trailer.

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,611 Posts
I'd also add some carpet to cover the ends of the main bunks?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts