Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rigged a welded mod-vee with jet, a 1648. Now would like to move up to a 1860 prop tunnel with jack plate. This boat runs skinny, but a lot of my time on the water will be in sounds and just outside of Harkers Island and thought it better to run a prop.

This jet runs rocky rivers up here real shallow. Is there that much difference with the tunnel prop on a jack plate in draft? Had a 1648 tunnel/prop and wish I never traded it.

Here are some pictures: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46928

·
I Love microskiff.com!
685 Posts
I like it better for open water running but it still doesn't hold a candle to a jet setup. I have a Sea Ark 1660MVT but have spent plenty of time on a jet drive 1860 that would run so skinny it was scary. With enough speed we could cross mud bars that were several inches out of the water and skim rock bars and oysters in next to no water at all. Stuff I'd never do in my prop tunnel.

·
Banned
1,439 Posts
Always liked the jet outboards ever since I watched “white lightnin’ “ Gator McClusky slipped over a chain, getting away from the revenuers , they were in a prop boat
Burt Reynolds could drive anything. When my daughter was a kid I would ride around our neighborhood backwards picking on her .told her only two men in the world could do this , me & Burt Reynolds. She still doesn’t know who he is. But she knows the Bandit !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.