Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy one of the two above and asking for experience. I primarily fish lakes, musky rivers, and inshore creeks for redfish living in NC. It seems that both boats would offer the ability to fish those waters and more.

Which would you chose if you we me.

Typically fly fish solo or with one person riding along.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
958 Posts
If you're looking for a boat that transitions from drifting rivers to open water, then it's tough to beat the Towee. They can set you up with options based on your personal fishing style. The Gladesman would probably perform better in poling situations, but the Towee will shine on the rivers. YMMV

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,592 Posts
Gladesman owner here.....The Gman is a little long for getting around in moving freshwater. It's length and lightweight would have you bow-swinging pretty aggressively in any kind of current.

I fish a lot of TX rivers, and I've never bothered to take my Gladesman. Would rather paddle the Yak.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A guide I've fish with several times out of Asheville, NC owns a Towee. He mainly uses to target musky on fly in the local rivers. Apparently he uses it for at the coast too for reds. I've seen a couple Towee on the flats down he in FL also. I think for the versatility you are looking for the Towee will probable be your best bet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There’s a few Towee owners on the NC coast including some guides. I’m sure you could get a ride in one pretty easy down there. I’m up north or I’d offer. For what you describe, I’d say the Towee is well suited (with the already mentioned exception about big open water). I haven’t been in a gladesman but it seems designed for poling primarily and I’m guessing would have the same issues out in the open.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I’d like to hear from a Towee owner anywhere in Georgia, The Carolinas or North Florida. Been looking at other skiffs but I’m liking these more and more. I like to fish the rivers of NC , Tennessee and Georgia with a couple of trips to The Ozarks as well every year. TIA.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was looking hard at Towee about four years ago, so my info is dated.

I contacted Todd Gregory (owner at the time) and he got me in touch with an owner out of Pawley’s Island, SC. I spent the day with him on his Towee boat in the marsh and had a nice day testing it out. I decided to go a different route, but liked the Towee.

The towee owner who took me out didn’t want to take a dollar from me, but I put $100 in his fly box and let him know in a thank you letter I mailed the following day.

I would email Todd and see if he can help you get a test ride somewhere near your location.

[email protected]

- Eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.