Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for a GPS. Way too many out there. Looking for a reliable GPS thats simple to use... I'm not the most tech savy. Some thing thats easy to read and has fairly accurate water levels. It'll be used on an open cockpit tiller skiff,mostly in the everglades and surrounding areas.

ALSO, considering getting a pedal kayak for exercise on solo days. So something that would work for that too. If anyone's got good pedal kayak recommendations for fishing that'd be great also. Mounting on the skiff is also a major consideration, not looking to drill any holes. Looking forward to your experiences and advice. Thanks!

·
Panhandler
3,483 Posts
Seasucker has several suction mounting options that wouldn't require drilling holes and they definitely hold like glue. As far as GPS, a handheld Garmin with maps would allow easy transfer between skiff and yak. Fairly simple to use and bullet-proof.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ALSO, considering getting a pedal kayak for exercise on solo days. So something that would work for that too. If anyone's got good pedal kayak recommendations for fishing that'd be great also. Mounting on the skiff is also a major consideration, not looking to drill any holes. Looking forward to your experiences and advice. Thanks!
Nollieflip, I have no idea where you are located, but I have a Hobie Pro Angler I'm selling with pedal drive, a trolling motor, two LifePO4 batteries, a bait tank, Lowrance, and the works that's up for sale. I'm in GA. PM me if you have any interest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts