Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a Yamaha 15 HP 2 stroke short shaft motor and came across this site.
http://dragonenginestore.com/pages.php?pageid=6 They have said motor for $1425! With $20 flat rate shipping. I emailed the store and received a response. The say they only take wire transfer for international orders....... Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with Dragon engines? The website seems pretty legit but wire transfer to a foreign country. Scary.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You've gotten good responses from these folks. If a company/manufacturer can't set up a credit card account these days, whether US or not, they are either scamming or in a country where you shouldn't do business directly with the manufacturer. (I do credit card stuff as part of my RL job).

Individual sales are different, but I still won't use a Western Union type wire. If the individual won't take cash, Zelle, or PayPal, (or I guess risk a check) they don't really want to sell it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Apply the phone number test. Find their phone number. You rarely ever hear complaints about companies that prominently display their phone number on their website. The harder it is to find, the less likely you are to be satisfied. Obviously nothing is absolute, but I have been applying the phone number test to my own and others business dealings for over a decade and it rarely fails.

·
Registered
222 Posts
sounds sketchy

·
Registered
222 Posts
Even if the site was legit (which it almost certainly isn't) its illegal to import a 2 stroke into the US right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts