Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to get the motor to tilt up so I can trailer it to the ramp this morning. Would not tilt up for literally an hour. Ended up slightly lifting the motor with my hand and poof the power tilt moved it up. Wanted to test it again to see if I could it to go down. Nothing!

Ended up trying the manual which of coarse let it go down. Now I cannot get it to move back up.

Engine starts fine, and I know it works since it magically moved up once this morning. Am I missing something? Any ideas what to do? With it down I can even trailer it to a mechanic.

G

·
Loosen the manual release valve more and lift the motor from the lower unit. Once up, flip the “trailering” lock which should give you access to check the fluid.

If it is clicking and not running, I would say it’s a bad connection be it ground or hot, a bad solenoid, or bad tnt motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went through the manual before only thing it suggests is a bad Solenoid. Could be the case just weird it would work earlier in the day

G

·
Loosen the manual release valve more and lift the motor from the lower unit. Once up, flip the “trailering” lock which should give you access to check the fluid.

If it is clicking and not running, I would say it’s a bad connection be it ground or hot, a bad solenoid, or bad tnt motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well this one is interesting. I decided to look through all the electronics to make sure nothing came unplugged or got corroded. Ended up finding a metal tie down that is used or organize the wires (is wrapped in rubber but tip was exposed) was lodged right next to the tilt wire connections to the engine. Simply grabbed it and poof everything works.

Crazy simple but sure glad nothing was actually broken.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
How much is the actuator ? I may have one for sale ... converting to an external unit ...

Tohatsu uses carbon steel that rusts and causes seizing ... Have a new pin made from Stainless IF you can get yours apart !!!

Reactions: mangoman
1 - 16 of 16 Posts