Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved to Jacksonville and I’m looking for a good Tohatsu mechanic in the northeast Florida area. Figured I’d ask the Microskiff community. Any recommendations are appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
id be interested in who you decide to go with. What services are you getting and on what size motor? If you go to craigslist and go under services and click marine there are a few mobile mechs.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Advance Marine has always serviced mine. I believe them to be only dealer in town. Lots of good independent mechanics around. Good luck.
I've used Advanced Marine in Jax for my Nissan (now sold under Tohatsu name) and have been satisfied with their work. Both times took about two weeks for tune up / basic repair to be complete. Not sure if that's normal in the repair biz or if they slow. there was another guy on the Northside at one time

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id be interested in who you decide to go with. What services are you getting and on what size motor? If you go to craigslist and go under services and click marine there are a few mobile mechs.
I’ve got a 30hp on my skiff. Its been flawless for me thus far. Just looking to find a mechanic for basic scheduled maintenance and if any issues arise down the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts