Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
You might want to double check but I dont think there is any service needed at 50 hours. Except changing the fluid in the lower end

·
I Love microskiff.com!
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i neglected to mention is that the motor is a 2008. does that span of time with no service matter? thanks again.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yes it does, you need a complete service including water pump, all filters, and oils. Don't forget about the water/fuel seperator.
I don't work on Tohatsu but a yamaha, merc, or zuke would be somewhere between $350-$500 keep in mind this is for a complete service which is what you need for a 2008 even though you only have 50hrs.

·
Paddling away...
6,482 Posts
It cost anywhere from $5,000 to $8,500.
Depending on which brand you choose to replace it with.

;D :D

I'm only kidding. I have no idea. I know getting my Tohatsu serviced was a real mission. I know it was under $100. But that was just lower unit oil, new seals, motor oil, oil filter, and spark plugs. No water pump. I didn't own it long enough to require a water pump service.

Oh yea, my 'hatsu was a four stroke...

·
Welcome to the family!
621 Posts
http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/Videos/Why-ETec/Easy-to-own

I actually contemplated the 50HP for a minute but the above 59 sec changed my mind.

On a side note, Those engines (hatsu) there is time frame also, not just hours.  If boat sits a while you may want to use suggested time instead of hours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts