Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the archives of the forum for a thread but i cant find anything on Tohatsu aftermarket props. If anyone on here has experience changing theirs for added performance, I would appreciate some insight.

·
Registered
412 Posts
What boat do you have your 50 on and what are you looking to do?

I had a stock aluminum and switched to pt4 blade to reduce slide. Lost some top end but hole shot, lift and handling is so much better

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What boat do you have your 50 on and what are you looking to do?

I had a stock aluminum and switched to pt4 blade to reduce slide. Lost some top end but hole shot, lift and handling is so much better
It’s on a tavernier 16
It hops on plane quick and cuts great, I’m trying to get a little more speed. The stock prop has been chewed up by the guy I bought it from so I’m switching anyways

·
Registered
412 Posts
It’s on a tavernier 16
It hops on plane quick and cuts great, I’m trying to get a little more speed. The stock prop has been chewed up by the guy I bought it from so I’m switching anyways
Gotcha, then go with 3 blade stainless. Just call powertech. They should be able to point you in the right direction when you let them know what you are trying to achieve. (also have specs on your current prop- top end, max rpms you are hitting, pitch etc)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts