Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
733 Posts
I have owned the 20hp and currently own the 40hp. Both were/are great engines. The 20hp had the electric tilt/trim and push button start. It normally started on the second try with the push button so i just went to pulling the cord and it always started on the first crank. The other aspect i really enjoyed was the friction steer and throttle lock. Lock both in place and you can take your hand off the tiller at WOT. I'd recommend getting the electric tilt/trim feature if you plan on having to raise your engine where you fish. Just helps to save the back. If you ever lost power, you can still lower or raise by hand and still pull start. The 20hp would get about 9-12 mpg on the 14ft salt marsh. I have the 40hp on a caimen but i haven't figured its MPG yet.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
105 Posts
I have owned the 20hp and currently own the 40hp. Both were/are great engines. The 20hp had the electric tilt/trim and push button start. It normally started on the second try with the push button so i just went to pulling the cord and it always started on the first crank. The other aspect i really enjoyed was the friction steer and throttle lock. Lock both in place and you can take your hand off the tiller at WOT. I'd recommend getting the electric tilt/trim feature if you plan on having to raise your engine where you fish. Just helps to save the back. If you ever lost power, you can still lower or raise by hand and still pull start. The 20hp would get about 9-12 mpg on the 14ft salt marsh. I have the 40hp on a caimen but i haven't figured its MPG yet.
X2 I have the 2014 30 HP tiller electric start w PT/T on a 17SUV with tabs and it currently is a solid 8-9 MPG with the stock prop, It is a quiet little motor for sure.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Zuke tiller has a tension adjustment which will essentially lock the steering in place. Also has a throttle tension adjustment that will keep throttle where you leave it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.