Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the smallest tippet you use and what knot do you use to attach to leader?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use 4lbs quite a bit; I tie Bimini twists in the ends and a huffnagle to attach the shock tippet.

Mike
Thx. That the size I was trying to connect and the leader knot was cutting the 4#. If I understand you are tying a Bimini in the leader and 4#. How are you connecting the two Biminis?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What sizes are you tying together? Are you fishing IGFA regs?
I don’t use a double line. Typically use either a 12# or 20#class tippet with a 20 or 30 bite tippet. Rarely have a problem with this set up.All IGFA specs. Was wanting try the 4# class tippet with either a 10 or 15# bite tippet. I can break the 4# pound tippet with my hands, breaking at the knot. Maybe I’m just expecting too much from the 4#. Using Ande Tournament mono for the class tippet chasing records for the West Palm Beach Fishing Club.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am chasing a few records as well. You have to tie biminis in the class tippet; a single strand 4lbs knot breaks at about 2lbs. I use a 6 foot section of 4lbs then I tie 27 or so turn biminis on each end. Next, I tie surgeon’s loops in one end use a huffnagle on the other end to tie on 20-30lbs shock. If you do not double the class it will break very easy. The 28lbs reds in my profile photo was caught on 4lbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts