Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
good question, what year are we talking about? i have a 2003 and need to get one as well :cool:

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
when you find out please let me know cause i want one too :) thank you sir ;D :cool:

·
> PRO STAFF <
7,516 Posts
From the website:

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/index.php

Ya'll no longer have a choice.
They're only offering a single recreational model for outboards
and one for commercial usage.

Currently available for both GAS and DIESEL engines, we are proud to announce the newest generation TINY-TACH™ for gas engines….the TT2A. No longer will you have to decide between different models to select the correct one for your engine application. The versatile new TT2A gives you the ability to adjust the tach to the firing sequence of your engine’s cylinder(s). Buy just 1 – and use it on a wide variety of engines. With half-second update time the TT2A does it better and does it faster.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
thanks brett ;) only thing left to do now is pour me a big ol' sweet tea and position my chair by the front door to wait on the ups man :D ;D i'll let yall know how it goes :cool:

·
GOT FEESH?
285 Posts
Hey guys I bought one last fall for my 02 merc 20hp. Customer service was great and easy to order from them over the phone. easy to follow directions and are also easy to install about twenty minutes for a basic velcro transom install. and they work beautifully.

So EASY a caveman could do it ;D

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
got mine 5 minutes ago :cool: which is a good thing cause my jug of sweet tea is about gone and i need to pee soooo bad :D ;D

·
> PRO STAFF <
7,516 Posts
Is the 03 25hp stroke mercury 180° = 2 sparks per revolution?
Good question...I don't know...but I like finding out! :cool:

http://www.maritim.no/pdf/2/Velg%20riktig%20turteller%20(utenbords).pdf

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
Is the 03 25hp stroke mercury 180° = 2 sparks per revolution?
Good question...I don't know...but I like finding out!  :cool:

http://www.maritim.no/pdf/2/Velg%20riktig%20turteller%20(utenbords).pdf
somethings not jiving with my machine (computer) cause that link pops up in writing that resembles a chinese love note :D ;D

·
> PRO STAFF <
7,516 Posts
update your adobe reader   ;)

2 stroke outboards require 1 spark per cylinder on each revolution
and because you wrap the sensor wire around a single plug wire
I'm going to say 1 spark per revolution is the setting you need.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Good theory, and according to Tiny Tach you are correct because only one wire is wrapped!

Thanks for finding that chart!!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts

yep thats exactly what i need to do, better call my computer handyman otherwise known as "dad" ;D i had mine on the 180* and somethings definitely not right, let me go out and switch it :)

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
ok so i got it on the 360* setting, fired it up and everything seems to be working great including the smoke alarm in my house :eek: guess i should have taken it outside first :D ;D :cool:

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
disregard my last transmission scotty ;) when i changed it back to the 360* setting i cranked it and it seemed to read just fine until i remembered that i had forgotten to plug the frackin' spark plug wire back on :mad: now its reading funny again :(

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
Did you try a fourth wrap on the wire? Instructions said something about adding wraps for stronger signal.
yep tried that already, whats weird is that the top spark plug wire was disconnected and she seemed like she was working right, motor ran too  :-? thought i had it all buttoned up so i went back in to pour another glass of  sweet tea in celebration of another successful install on the boat, i walk back out and see the wires disconnected   [smiley=1-smack-myself.gif] now i'm back to square one  [smiley=cloud.gif]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts