Tiller extension

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by Jred, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Crazy Larry

Crazy Larry Well-Known Member

No slop at all. If anything, mine was a little too tight. I got it on there but it took some sweat and a BFH. I’m pretty sure it marred the rubber on the grip. It’s definitely not something you want to pull on and off.

There is some wobble but it’s a problem with the Suzuki grip/throttle design not the extension. There’s another thread on here about it.

2. Ferrulewax

Ferrulewax Well-Known Member

Hmmm, Ok. Yeah I’ll need to take it on and off too. I guess I’ll have to figure it out

Jred likes this.

3. Jred

Jred I Love microskiff.com!

I’ve made a few for Suzuki’s, they have a larger handle than others and my mold for them allows for a snug fit

4. Hoang

Hoang Well-Known Member

Zuke 20. Slips over the tiller handle perfectly.

You will get a bunch of wiggle from the handle itself. The zuke handle molding proccess has a bunch of slop inside where the screw is. I am going to figure a way to tighten it up. I think shimming will help a bit.

Thanks @Jred !!

Attached Files:

Jred likes this.
  5. Shallows

Shallows Well-Known Member

Really curious, what sort of differences are there in the build of these over the Carbon Marine extension?

Will the mold you have setup fit the new redesigned Yamaha tiller? (running a 2020 Yamaha)

Thanks for any info.

6. Jred

Jred I Love microskiff.com!

I can’t tell you much about the carbon marine tillers but mine is made 100% out of carbon fiber and good quality epoxy with uv inhibitors. I will also warranty any defects it has. It will fit the new Yamahas and if there’s any problems or you’re not happy I’ll pay for return shipping and give you a 100% refund

JC Designs likes this.
  7. Shallows

Shallows Well-Known Member

Thanks Jred, sounds good - just PM'd you