Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a carbon marine as everyone does but it’s out of the price range. What could I get that’s of similar quality to the carbon marine but sub $150?

·
Registered
422 Posts
What size outboard? How long does it need to be? Low HP and shorter length you could go homemade. Check out anytide.com - I think he calls it the Tuff Tiller.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What size outboard? How long does it need to be? Low HP and shorter length you could go homemade. Check out anytide.com - I think he calls it the Tuff Tiller.
Sorry forgot to mention that. Outboard is an old 1989 merc 25 with a built in shifter into the throttle handle.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
838 Posts
I have bought from Jred and Anytide and both are top notch. Anytide makes great tiller for about 75.00 and my old one worked flawless for years before I sold the boat (made out of plastic and heavier than Jreds, but still great product). I always wanted to try Carbon fiber but did not have the money. On my current project I had some extra cash from my birthday and bought a carbon tiller from Jred and it is outstanding. Jreds are just as good as Carbon marine for way less and you support a fellow Microskiffer. Same goes for Anytide, local USA made product. Just depends on what you are looking for. Both are great men and make great products.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
495 Posts
Anytide makes great products and has great customer service aswell! I’ve bought a few of his rod holders and push pole brackets. It just depends what type of product you’re looking for

·
Registered
432 Posts
+1 for Jred's extension, tilt switch makes adjustments while running really easy. Great product, easy install and quick service.

·
Registered
400 Posts
@Jred I think the one with the switch is awesome. Thinking about what @Boatbrains posted for gear selection would be cool there instead of the switch. Then you could give gear selection for rides with yamahas and such. Just a thought,
Michael

G

·
@Jred I think the one with the switch is awesome. Thinking about what @Boatbrains posted for gear selection would be cool there instead of the switch. Then you could give gear selection for rides with yamahas and such. Just a thought,
Michael
I can’t take the credit as much as I’d like to. I got the idea from another build on here that Tom Gordon did and the light bulb came on!

·
Registered
400 Posts
The DC control cable should work right where the switch is in the middle. It's what I had planned to do with mine. I took an older tiller and cut it off a parts motor and bolted it on a remote 9.9 4 stroke and it only has throttle. It will work with a little smart thinking and little fab for a bracket on the shifter side.

G

·
The DC control cable should work right where the switch is in the middle. It's what I had planned to do with mine. I took an older tiller and cut it off a parts motor and bolted it on a remote 9.9 4 stroke and it only has throttle. It will work with a little smart thinking and little fab for a bracket on the shifter side.
I am just concerned with cable routing. The 3300 series cables are pretty stiff!

·
Registered
400 Posts
It should have a gentle s curve. The bottom if mine is open so I plan to come from there and gently curve over to the shifter side My motor already has a bracket for a remote cable but regular shifter arm. IRS not inside the case. All I need then is a connector.if they dont make one for the cable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts