Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to anchor my cooler down. I can not through bolt. Thinking of the Kennedy or engle type anchor system. I may want to attach a grab bar to the cooler and attach cup holders and a few accessory boxes to the grab rail.
To get the tie downs placed strongly should I drill a smaller hole than the intended screw, fill with 5200 or epoxy then screw down the tie down? The Engle strap tie downs have 4 screws on each anchor . Would this support the cooler and bar?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Walmart shelf or drawer liner available in many colors. Cut to fit the bottom of your cooler, place your cooler on top and it won't move. If you are travelling at high speeds on the road, I would put some water bottles or something inside the cooler. No need for drilling or tying it down at all. Been using it for many years and my coolers stay put.

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
Did epoxy plugs in the floor of my HPX Tunnel to mount my cooler tie downs to with stainless wood screws (no thru bolts) and they have held my 40qt cooler down over two years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walmart shelf or drawer liner available in many colors. Cut to fit the bottom of your cooler, place your cooler on top and it won't move. If you are travelling at high speeds on the road, I would put some water bottles or something inside the cooler. No need for drilling or tying it down at all. Been using it for many years and my coolers stay put.

Going to be using this cooler as a dry box. I like the idea of some cusion under the cooler, but its gonna need to be locked to the deck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts