Tiburon NX-22... Runs in ankle deep water

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by jputrino, Apr 14, 2014.

1. jputrino

jputrino Florida Native

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS2cCbQ74E8&feature=youtu.be

what does everyone think about boat running in 2 inches... good or bad?

2. jputrino

jputrino Florida Native

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/new-technology-allows-boaters-ride-shallow-waters?fb_action_ids=827994320547589&fb_action_types=og.comments

fast forward to 1:25 in this video

3. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

great for the enviroment!

4. WhiteDog70810

WhiteDog70810 Mostly Harmless

Depends on who you talk to.  I think it is silly to run shallower than you can get on plane with an outboard, but guys in Texas insist it is necessary.  If you are just jumping the occasional sandbar, I guess it doesn't hurt anything, but that often isn't the case. Prop scars on grass flats prove there is an ample supply of jokers who already go where they don't belong.

Ultimately, no matter how shallow it runs, you're gonna stick it.  Then you get to get out and push that big heavy beast back to water where it can float.  When you can run in 2" and it has a 400-500# motor squatting the transom, that can be a damn long way.

Also, the great thing about fishing back in the flats is that you don't have boats buzzing you.  I resent the idea of some fool who doesn't have to sweat being able to run up on me in 6" of water.  If they mount a tower on it to cruise the flats for fish, I would say lethal force was warranted.

On the other hand, the Texas guys say that their flats are too big to drive around (How big are they?).  Soooo big that if you done took off to drive around them, you'd eventually hit the beach in San Diego (No chit, my second cousin's buddy's friend did it in his Ranger).  Since I would never, ever dream of accusing a Texan of exaggerating the size of anything, this must be true. 

Nate

5. jamarcusray

jamarcusray Mitzi Madness

And we wonder why the fish are so skittish...

6. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

Id say thats a shallow water skiff

7. EdK13

EdK13 I Love microskiff.com!

Rode on one. My teeth still chatter when I think about it. Unless you live in Tejas- leave it be boy. Besides, most of the water needs to be churned to kill the Vibrio spores.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  8. EdK13

EdK13 I Love microskiff.com!

Do you really wonder? Humans in Florida would be skittish if there were 20 million gators running around. Florida is over populated with people and boats- its why I moved - AND. That is why the fish are skittish.