Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1021 - 1037 of 1037 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
129 Posts
I just put a gorilla handle on a Rip Tide and I like it. I do wish I could simply order the “modern” handle though. I like that compared to the finger grip original and would have gone that direction on the Rip Tide.
I ordered an “updated modern” handle for my Everglades QC and it is great!! I called them, it was less that $10!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok guys I have used a friends tibor reels a few times and love the feel, sound and look of them! I do a lot of wadding for reds and walk the beach a lot for snook. I’m not planning on the reel getting dunked but does happen when wadding. If the tibor Everglades does go under how much saltwater would really get inside the reel? Would sand get in if just on the bottom briefly? Thanks

·
Registered
Ankona Native SUV 17
158 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok guys I have used a friends tibor reels a few times and love the feel, sound and look of them! I do a lot of wadding for reds and walk the beach a lot for snook. I’m not planning on the reel getting dunked but does happen when wadding. If the tibor Everglades does go under how much saltwater would really get inside the reel? Would sand get in if just on the bottom briefly? Thanks
You’ll be fine. It will get in there, and get out as well. Lack of porting will keep out some of the coarse stuff as well

·
I Love microskiff.com!
893 Posts
Picked up my first Tibor Gulfstream today in Apalachicola. Buddy told me the wait times on a new reel and I just happened to stumble across one today at the fly shop. Can’t wait to spool it up and will be fishing Homosassa with it next week
Nice! If it were me , I would spool it up and fish where u bought it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mangum would be awesome but I feel like that’s a lottery ticket pipe dream since all the yeti videos and his “celebrity” taking off. I’m sure any of the above mentioned guides would have to take a last minute cancellation and a little luck to get on their books.

As a side note I never thought reaching the backing was possible until I got this new setup. I guess being a heavier rig makes it super easy to cast 100ft? I’m using a 12wt sage. Only other rods I’ve owned have been a 5 and 7wt for bream and redfish.

1021 - 1037 of 1037 Posts