Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I am overlooking it, or it is impossible to have it approved, but does anyone make a cooler cushion that doubles as a certified throwable life preserver? I am fully aware that the standard throwables work fine as a cushion placed on top of the yeti, but something non-porous, like vinyl (wouldn't hold water and make my butt wet) and that could be attached to the cooler and fit it perfectly would be awesome.

Thanks,
JD

· Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
18,596 Posts
Why would you want to throw your yeti cushion anywhere? That thing prob costs a hundred dollars. If your gonna throw something throw the cheap Walmart throw cushion!
Because you are theoretically tossing a cushion at a person in the water and plan on recovering both!

· Registered
2005 East Cape Gladesman. 2005 Panga Marine 22.
6,511 Posts

· Registered
877 Posts
Well if you need to practice throwing something. You should get this. I kinda want to buy it myself but I’m having trouble justifying the cost.

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/slick-horns/21190000001.html?cgid=gear#start=1
I was really hoping this was an April fools joke, like when Free Fly Apparel “came out with an adult onesie,” but for some reason I now feel compelled to try to lasso a beer out of the cooler!

@Ferrulewax I think it’s a compelling argument that basically any cushion could be used as a throw, however, convincing authorities of the same basic logic is going to be the problem. I’ve found many boat cushions (because they were floating) while fishing and brought them back to the landing with me, so I feel like you’re definitely onto something!

· Registered
259 Posts
The only place my throwable cushion has been thrown is into the trash can. I wait till it collects its usual layer of black mold on it, then it's in the can and I'm back at the boat store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.