SOLD/EXPIRED This thing is BADASS(not mine)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by PLANKTON7, Oct 12, 2011.

1. PLANKTON7

PLANKTON7 I Love microskiff.com!

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-Skiff-15ft-98852164 :cool: supercool

2. PLANKTON7

PLANKTON7 I Love microskiff.com!

someone scoop it up.

3. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

I must not be seeing the same link you are. Not getting the "WOW" factor here... :-?

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I don't know, it's pretty nice. Nothing too fancy and just a flat bottom hull like a stumpy, but it has some nice touches. Problem is you don't know how it was built, and as we discussed here before, as a builder I would never sell one of my homemade boats, too much liability.

5. Frank_Sebastian

Frank_Sebastian Well-Known Member

That looks like an Indian River Skiff. ( D15 from www.bateau.com) I have one and it also has sharkeye navigation lights. Mine is rated for a 25 HP tiller. A 15 HP seems like plenty of power.

Best regards,
    Frank_S

6. firecat1981

you are right and I think even a 25hp on this might be a bit much, but a 50hp? I hope he overbuilt the transom and motorwell.

7. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

After looking at all the pics I have to admit that it does have some nice extras added. Maybe it was the older painted outboard that threw me off at first.

8. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Anyone recognize the ridge running around the bottom of the gunnel? I don't think I have seen that before.

9. firecat1981

Seen it before, it's just an integraded splash rail of sorts, several of the bateau guys did it. Not really quite a reverse chine, and probably doesn't do much at all being even with the bottom.

10. ethan.weber

ethan.weber I Love microskiff.com!

i have seen this boat before. its pretty nice. it has been for sale for quite awhile now and originally the owner was trying to sell it himself but i guess now he has a dealership trying to sell it.

11. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

I saw it on Craigslist 3 weeks ago and stopped by PB YC to see it. It is a handmade boat and is all wood and glass.

It most certainly has some neat touches. It does have a flat bottom. The details inside the hatches are OK, not close to perfect. It will be a labor of love for someone, it will require a fair amount of upkeep, I feel.

12. WhiteDog70810

WhiteDog70810 Mostly Harmless

It is called a external chine log. I normally see them in the quick-build designs over on Duckworks. Michalak uses them a lot. They are a form of longitudinal stiffener for low power flat bottom boats when you want to keep the floor uncluttered by an actual stringer and you don't feel like working around an internal chine log when using stitch and glue assembly. With a 50 HP pushing it, there are definitely real stringers in there somewhere and the external chine log mostly serves to protect the chine from hitting stuff and adds a bit of planing surface.

Nate