this is my other rig...

Discussion in 'Big Boat Bragging Spot' started by jms, Apr 21, 2011.

1. jms

jms don't let common sense get in your way

my other rig...

a potter built 23 sea craft - rebuilt,and repowered approx 7yrs ago,at my shop...

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Nice rig, big seacraft fan myself. What's she powered with?

-T

3. jms

power is a 5.7 mpi merc with the horizon package,bravo I drive...very effiecent power package-gets over 2.5nmpg @ cruise speed

4. jms

here's a few more...

5. jms

fightin' a fish...

6. jms

end game...

7. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Please don't ever post pics of fish like this... You're making me look bad!  :D

Awesome fish, and killer boat man! I ran a 23 seacraft outboard for years and in my opinion there's no other 23 footer out there that can hang with it in the nasty stuff, contender included. That hull is just amazing what it will go through.

And mojo out the yingyang to boot, obviously yours was built with a ton included as well!

-T

8. jms

thanks !
    that rig's a friggin' beast ! i had a 31 bertram - i swapped it over to diesel from gas engines,prior to selling it - i can tell you with absolutley no exageration,that sea craft 23,it rides better than my old 31 bert,and that my friend,is a fact !

we run that rig everywhere,from the inshore reefs to the poormans canyon - 75nm from the 2cm bouy,and on up to the lindehkohl canyon - 88 - 89 nm from the bouy...we fish that rig,year 'round -yes,even in the winter,out to the sea bass grounds - 62-66nm from the bouy...a little cold,but the fish are sure worth it...

here's a few sea bass pictures - these are from the last trip,for sea bass - season closed on 1/1/11 - these pictures were taken on 12/31/10

big fish of the day was 6.9lbs -7lbs...numerous fish in the 4-6lb range...

9. jms

let's give them a little better scale...

this is my foot...