this chevy pop-up is annoying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skinnywater3, Oct 5, 2010.

1. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

yeah!!!!!!!! x2 :mad:
    --who's in charge of the p'ups..
    -'tide

2. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

yes but it's because it's blocking the part of the thread. :-/

3. joshuabward

joshuabward I want to go FAST!!!

It pays the bills around here so I'm okay with just clicking the X.

4. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Ditto. It only happens to me maybe once a day.

5. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

6. anytide

your right FJ ,so i'm good with it too.. :) -wasnt there a DEERE runnin around
    here too.. :D
    -'tide

7. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

I am... and it keeps the lights on.

Folks I'm sorry if this comes off a little crass, you caught me on a bad night. But someone has to pay to keep the lights on. We have a lot of traffic and with that it costs bandwidth. Plus operating costs etc. We also have lots of folks who use this site for free to shill their products. Well someone has to pay the bill. :-? How much out of pocket expense should I take on to let others make money off my site? $100, $500, $1000 per month?

Capt. Jan

8. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

Maybe it is or isn't a bad night, but that does not mean you are wrong! :) No I don't like the pop up ads either, but I like the lights on more than I dislike the pop ups. I'd rather pay for use of the site by seeing ads than by paying cash. As far as the shill zone is concerned, this site is one heck of a lot more lenient than most. I think it is great that smaller and mid sized start ups can get some "air" time. Hopefully some those companies will help out when they grow enough to have a real budget to do so.

Swamp

9. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Well said.

10. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

X3! Thanks for the site Jan, and all of
    your hard work.

11. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Annoying...no
    Inconvenience...yes
    Lights off...no
    Lights on...yes

Give me your address and I will help with a light bill payment!

12. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

I understand the intent and appreciate the fact that the light ARE on. Thanks!
    P.S., it could be worse...it could be a Ford pop up! lol

I'm just kidding!

13. FSUfisher

FSUfisher Well-Known Member

Yeah, I look at it this way: My "once local" paper bombards you with so many ads and popups on their site that it has frozen my computer a handful of times. That alone is sad. Then they told everyone that they weren't making enough money and decided to charge $20 a month to read their sub-par news and keep the annoying ads. That is bad. This is slightly inconveniencing but nothing more. Considering the valuable and priceless information I have received on here (thanks fellow members), it's well worth it.

Thanks for all the work Capt. Jan- I'm sure managing the site gets harder every day as it gets bigger and bigger. [smiley=1-beer-german.gif] [smiley=1-beer.gif]

14. anytide

-sorry capt. Jan  -my comments were out of line.. everyone appreciates your hard work in providing a great platform for all of us to share.                ME included. and dont want you to think otherwise. i'm guilty of site abuse for my own gain and i apologize..is it possible to have a donate button on the site??  -i,m sure it would get some attention and rightfully so.. even in these tough times and they are tough. I could manage to help out a little at a time.
      thanks again for the best site around..may the sun always shine on you.
                    -anytide