There is hope for the future

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tojo, Jan 14, 2007.

1. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

I'll try to make this brief, but my oldest kid blew me away last night...

All three of us competed in a local karate tournament and we did pretty well. My little guy actually got first place his first time out.

My oldest finished with second place in all three events, but this gave him enough points to compete as a grand champion in his division for 2006. The grand prize this year...A Samurai Sword (yes they gave them to the six year olds too). Needless to say he wanted to win bad. Coincidentally there were three events (three swords) and three kids (2 boys and a girl) ended up qualifying.

The first event was Weapons which the other boy won. He got a sword.

The second event was forms. My boy won. He got a sword.

The third event was sparring. My boy won again. The girl was devestated she was expected to win forms and she had worked very hard for a shot at Grands. This is where it gets good...

They presented John with his second sword and without missing a beat...he turns around and gives it to the girl who did not win one. He says, "You are a champion too!" Not a dry eye in the place! The three kids who had come up through the little dragon ranks together shared a hug and each took home a sword to remeber the 2006 competitions.

Dang I got sumtin in my eye... I gotta go

[​IMG]

2. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

THE KID is a womenizer ;D

thats pretty sweet, I got goose bumps when i read that.

Great job, how did you fair?

3. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

I did ok.  I took straight seconds in everything too.  I won my last fight, but got robbed.  Often, it is just what the judges see.  I qualified for Grand champion in forms only, but got smoked.  I had to go against a guy who was first in nationals at Vegas and a girl who is currently third in the world. I did not have a prayer. I did get competitor of the year, which is the plaque we are holding.

At this point in my life I just do it to inspire my kids.

Your comment about the "womanizer"  was funny.  Everybody (the guys) were saying the samething.  They are betting that John has a reward coming someday ;D ;D ;D.  By the way, just for the record I dont want to take anything away from this young lady...she earned the sword!  

I want to get together with you soon and get some fishin done.  Whats up with your boat?  Is it up and running??

Tony

4. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

Its always up and running, I have just been wadfishing.

I am hopefully gonna be out ALL day tomorrow, could you meet up in the evening?

if not fishing just chill time on the sand bar.

whale tail or Ponce, I am gonna be all over the place tomorrow. ;D

5. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

No, it will be dark before I get home. Have fun. Post a report.

6. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Thats really cool tojo. thanks for sharing.

7. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Well done Grasshopper.
    Think I got a chance against the little guy? I think I could take him.
    Do you get the heeya's and the oorah's mixed up? You can practice
    the next time we go fishing. I won't tell.
    Seriously, Great job guys!

8. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

I went out to Cedar Creek for two hours this morning. Same spot we went to. I caught a bunch of small fish and saw quite a few bigger ones. It was like glass out there today.

9. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

Just don't let him go running through the house with it.

10. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough...Gavin was over playing with my kids and the neighbors and we brought it out to show everyone...Capprice gave me the look. SOmething tells me she don't like swords too much [smiley=lolk.gif] Its all good ;D ;D ;D

How are things there? Do you need anything? I heard Hillary Clinton was over so everything should be fixed by now right [smiley=bomb.gif]

11. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

Hilary is here. THat must be why I hear all those explosions tonight.

Capprice was probably scared of Gavin getting hold of it and hacking hole in things, people,trees, walls, cars, furniture. Haven't gotten that far with him in terms of that stuff yet. He has no problem playing when we were shooting and he was only a little behind us.