Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 6 or so months ago decided I wanted a skiff, looked at all the top brands, was having company over and he brought up bateau , looked at them, didn’t have the lines I wanted then he suggested looking at Chris Morejohn designs, and well here I am with the post. Plan was didn’t have one except clean the shed out , once that was done enjoyed an adult beverage then planed I was going to do a cf 16 and the goal was and is to keep it as simple as possible with minimalistic changes, new f25 yamaha, 6 gal of fuel and enough storage to not have to take things in and out of the boat, and light light light, hoping for 3 inches of draft but realistically hopefull for 4.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it was a busy and chilly start to the weekend but luckily have a wall unit in my shed so decided to cut the heat up and close the doors, got a good bit done, filled all big gaps pulled screws and filled. Going to get after it with the sander through the week and start prep for glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
I see you drink Natural Light as well. I approve of your beer and boat choice. Someday I'll nut up and build one of these too.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dang you work fast! I was just telling my wife the other day I needed a shed for the backyard. This may end up being a VERY expensive question seeing that it’s possible to build a 16’er, but what size is your shed?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hull looks great, What are your plans for mounting trim tabs.
Actually woke up this morning thinking about that, either something very similar to what you did or mount them on the back flush with transom, either way I need to trim/cut the core, but honestly thinking I might recess half the tab

·
Registered
435 Posts
I love the tab placement. I was planning on flushing mine totally when I start my build. Any reason you left some out? More lift? Do you think totally reassessed would work? Thanks,
Michael

1 - 20 of 82 Posts