Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

The World's Finest Push Pole Holders

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  DuckNut 
#1 · (Edited)
Just kidding...want them gone, would love to see some of your solutions without having to get involved in fiberglass and paint work...did I say outta here, they are on a 01 HPX I recently purchased...any pics would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I do understand your frustration with those PP holders. I had to help a friend fix one that was broken. What a PITA, thankfully my HP had the old fashioned moonlighter holders. But I have to ask, are they all working? Why not just leave them and use them, they do hold the pole very well. I always felt like the pole would break before the holder would let them go.

#8 ·
Smack now we're getting somewhere...why didn't you pull the existing (pos) holders out and cut your black starboard to fit the existing (pos) push pole holders , that way they would be level on the gunnel and then black caulk around the edges to fill the voids ? looks gud...thanks for the info and the pics

#10 ·
Because I wanted the pole to clear the toe rail on the bow deck. If I made the holders any lower the pole would hit the rail. I didn’t need to use any caulk or silicone. It just looks like white caulk around the base in the photo but if you zoom in it’s just a reflection off the shiny starboard.
Sky Horizon Sea Ocean Sunset

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.