Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
I do understand your frustration with those PP holders. I had to help a friend fix one that was broken. What a PITA, thankfully my HP had the old fashioned moonlighter holders. But I have to ask, are they all working? Why not just leave them and use them, they do hold the pole very well. I always felt like the pole would break before the holder would let them go.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,713 Posts
I think those aren't that bad. If you want the best Accon Marine has them. Ive had them on my boat since "97 and the look new and they have a lifetime warranty

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
13,298 Posts
I think Smack said he just screwed a piece of StarBoard on top on his skiff and mounted the new PP holder on top of the that
I made 1/2” starboard cover plates and thru bolted some of moderator Anytide’s push pole holders in the center and drilled straight through those floppy POS’s...best thing I ever did other than adding some discs of Seadek to the radius to hold the pole better.
Link to the holders:

https://shallowwatersolutions.com/push_pole_brackets

Sculpture Metal
Font Metal Number
Fashion accessory Hat Headgear
Automotive exterior Architecture Vehicle Tire Automotive wheel system
Floor Table Roof Flooring
Tire
Steel Table Metal Fastener Aluminium

Auto part Wheel
Tire Automotive tire Architecture Footwear Leg
Sculpture Metal
Font Metal Number
Fashion accessory Hat Headgear
Automotive exterior Architecture Vehicle Tire Automotive wheel system
Floor Table Roof Flooring
Tire
Steel Table Metal Fastener Aluminium

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smack now we're getting somewhere...why didn't you pull the existing (pos) holders out and cut your black starboard to fit the existing (pos) push pole holders , that way they would be level on the gunnel and then black caulk around the edges to fill the voids ? looks gud...thanks for the info and the pics

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do understand your frustration with those PP holders. I had to help a friend fix one that was broken. What a PITA, thankfully my HP had the old fashioned moonlighter holders. But I have to ask, are they all working? Why not just leave them and use them, they do hold the pole very well. I always felt like the pole would break before the holder would let them go.
Ease of use...to put the pole back in those holders is a funky maneuver if your trying to keep quiet on the flats

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
13,298 Posts
Smack now we're getting somewhere...why didn't you pull the existing (pos) holders out and cut your black starboard to fit the existing (pos) push pole holders , that way they would be level on the gunnel and then black caulk around the edges to fill the voids ? looks gud...thanks for the info and the pics
Because I wanted the pole to clear the toe rail on the bow deck. If I made the holders any lower the pole would hit the rail. I didn’t need to use any caulk or silicone. It just looks like white caulk around the base in the photo but if you zoom in it’s just a reflection off the shiny starboard.
Sky Horizon Sea Ocean Sunset

1 - 18 of 18 Posts