Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't seen a used one pop up for sale in a while, been following them since they started building. Figured there would at least be one used one for sale somewhere..

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Haven't seen a used one pop up for sale in a while, been following them since they started building. Figured there would at least be one used one for sale somewhere..
I would follow Chittum’s Instagram. Or , call Hall and tell him what you’re looking for in the way of a used boat— 2 or 12 degrees and what kind of power. They know their customers and guys that possibly may want to trade in .. often they want to do so quietly.

The boats behave very differently depending on the desired power — faster boats mean heavier OBs, heavier layup schedule, more fuel. To me the new Mangrove with super light build designed for Tohatsu 50/60 is a fantastic poling skiff. The unrigged Mangrove weighs about the same as a 115 Mercury. The price of an entry level Mangrove is not dissimilar to what most guys would want for a recent model used Snake Bight.

I’d be happy to talk if you want to PM me or just call Hal or Stephen Ford the TX rep... I can pass you their contact info.

Best,

·
I Love microskiff.com!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the replies, especially appreciate you reaching out Stevie. I work for a dealer where we sell mostly large center consoles (Jupiter, Regulator, etc.) and I have a client interested in one. I will give Hal a call and hopefully get the chance to run into him at a show. Always had a few questions about my marquesa I wanted to ask him and Morejohn one day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts