Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

721 - 729 of 729 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
573 Posts
For painting in FL, I’ve had good luck with the disposable filters that mount to the gun, in addition to a normal water separator.

·
BBA Counselor
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #722
I have 2 water separators and a disposable filter, still getting a few drops through. The dessicant filter is the catch all and will fix her right up.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Finally get all the moisture under control then a big drop of sweat rolls right off your face on the paint :ROFLMAO: :D:). Working to work sucks. Especially in the heat. Looking good, keep pushing.

·
BBA Counselor
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
Dessicant filter came early, so I'll try it tomorrow. Besides the console not much needs to be near perfect on the interior.

·
Brandon, FL
9,281 Posts
I don't know what kind of compressor you have but some have an intake that has a fiber filter over the end just like an older cars air filter.

If yours has something similar could you take an according dryer vent tube and attach it to it and then take the other end and possibly get it inside the house where the a/c has removed the moisture?

Or put the whole compressor inside when your wife is gone :)

·
BBA Counselor
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
Great minds Duck.
I actually thought about this the other day. We have a mud room in between the garage and kitchen I could put the compressor in. However the wife nixed that idea quickly because she works from home and her office is near by. So I thought about a hose. I'm going to HD in a bit to see what I can do. I just replaced the filter and it looks like a typical 3/4" fitting, but only has a 1/4" intake hole. I'm sure I can find what I need.
So drafting less humid air, 2 water filters, a desiccant filter, and a ball filter should get me there? Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Why all the moisture? Condensation happens between hot and cold and it is certainly not cold.

Are you sure you got all the moisture out? Something not right with the amount of water your getting.
The air temp is hot coming out of the compressor and the air isn’t cooling before passing through the water separator. My guess is the separator is attached right to the air tank? I run a short hose from a ball valve on my tank down to a bucket and attach to a coiled tube in the bucket, from the bucket/coiled tube the hose comes up to a series of 5 water separators and filters. Before I spray, I drain all filters and air tank. Then I fill the bucket with ice and top off with water making a slurry. The majority of my moisture is trapped in the first water separator so I leave the drain cracked a hair because I have filled it this time of year. I still run a disposable at the gun and toss each day I spray more if I spray a large job.

Reactions: DuckNut

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
In a pinch, a 50’ coil of cheap 3/8” pvc hose will work, just attach after ball valve, drop in bucket, coil, and the attach to dryer.

Reactions: DuckNut
721 - 729 of 729 Posts